Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Girl Rising

Okay, I'm really not sure how I missed this one.

In all the talk of feminism, rights to education, and freedom for girls to make their own choices about what's right for their own life, this film should have been mentioned every time.

I'm speaking of Girl Rising.  It's a documentary from earlier this year.  It's the story of 9 different girls from all over the world who face various injustices that are common to where they are.  Everything from child slavery to arranged marriages is covered.  It covers topics like the right and fight for an education, among much much more.  It is a documentary well worth checking into.

You can find out more about it from their website.  This includes how to donate to their movement that helps fight for similar young girls to help them rise up and be empowered to do so.  You can find out more about the Girl Rising Fund in the donate section on their website.

There's not much more that needs to be said on this powerful piece.  Plus I've yet to see it and am now looking into how or where I can as I'm writing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment