Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving From Kinney Pride!

We here at Kinney Pride would like to wish all of you, the readers, a Happy Thanksgiving!  If you're not in USA or do not celebrate the holiday, please by all means take a moment to give thanks for all the blessings and kindness you have in your lives.  There's never a bad time to reflect on the good things you are thankful for in your life.  Though this holiday may have started on what many can consider questionable history, it is a traditional day of giving thanks, of being grateful for the things you have in your life, and reflecting on how to give back to make it better for others.

For me personally, this year has been a wild and weird one to say the least, but there is still much that I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful for having here for one.  A place that can voice my thoughts on a character I have always enjoyed the rich potential and possibilities within for dynamic and thought provoking stories.

I'm thankful for Marvel having presented X-23 to the masses.

I'm thankful for her success among fans worldwide that have grown to love this character.

I'm thankful for her continued presence in the Marvel 616 universe.

I'm thankful for the writers and staff that have helped portray her stories.  Editor's like Axel Alonso, Jeanine Schaefer, and asst. editor Jody Leheup. I'm thankful for writers like Craig Kyle, Christopher Yost, Marjorie Liu, Joe Quesada, Simon Spurrier, and soon Brian Michael Bendis for penning X-23 stories.  I'm thankful for such diverse artists that have drawn her stories.  Artists like Mike Choi, Sonia Oback, Sana Takeda, Phil Noto, David Lafuente, Marte Gracia, among many more!  I'm grateful for all the amazing covers done over the years.  I'm grateful that she'll soon have been in the pages of Marvel comic books for 10 years.

Most of all, I'm grateful to the fans.  It's because of you that X-23 has prospered so long.  It's your adoration and support that's helped make her a modern Marvel mainstay.

This year in particular, while it's had its ups and downs, I'm thankful for those in my life and those that have helped.  From the random comments, to deviantART, to even places up high, you've all contributed in your own ways to help make here what it is and different facets grow.  KP will always be striving forward, and we thank you for being here with us and helping it along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment