Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Venom 13.4: Circle of Four - Thoughts so Far.

Okay, we're into part 5 now. This one scripted by Remender himself.

So how does it fair?

Freaking fantastic!
This issue finally starts getting more towards what I expected from this arc. The characters feel more authentic, and not like the caricatures the previous issues came across as. The story is starting to wind down, but the action is picking up too. It has an awesome cliffhanger at the end that just makes you want to scream "OH HELL YES!"

To be honest, I was getting to the point where I just wanted to give up on this story altogether. I didn't want to do this entry. I couldn't pawn it off on anyone. Believe me, I tried everything even bribery to do that. So I finally said screw it, I'll just read the damn issue and get this out of the way...

Boy was I glad I did. This issue was perfect. The character voices are on key. The humor is on point and organic without being forced and overabundant. The story details are fluid. The ideas come across as fully formed. Nothing is just shoved to the wayside. All around this issue has been what makes comics fun to read and has the depth I've been wishing the previous had with the concepts they presented.

I'm looking forward to the final chapter now. From where I once was waivering I'm now excited about this story again.

More to come on this as the story comes to a close next week! Finally, we're in for one hell of a ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment