Thursday, October 20, 2011

X-23 to be in New Venom Event


CBR is reporting that X-23 will be featured in a new upcoming Venom event starting in the pages of Venom issue 13.  It will be a 6 issue event going from Venom issue 13 to 13.1, 13.2, 13.3, 13.4 and then culminating in Venom issue 14.  The dynamic is said to be similiar to the previous temporary Fantastic 4 that Wolverine, Spider-man, the Hulk, and Ghost Rider created briefly but modernized with legacy characters.  So this new team will consist of Red Hulk, X-23, the new female Ghost Rider, and the new Venom.

All around with the writers on board, count me excited for this.  It should be interesting to see X-23 interacting with all these characters who she has never met before.  Previously it was the male (Blaze) ghost rider she met, but will the spirit of vengence that is Ghost Rider still recognize her?  I'm also curious to see how these 4 will butt heads, and the similiarities that can be played off of them.  Ghost Rider and her training to be a weapon of vengence all her life, Thunderbolt Ross and his military training, X-23 with her being raised to be the perfect assassin, and Venom again with his military service.  The pairings are ripe with potential and just scream epicly awesome. With Remender, the man behind Uncanny X-Force, and the other writers involved of equally astoundingly amazing comics, this should be an unparalleled and mind blowing story all should read.  Be there as it begins in February's Venom #13!

4 comments:

  1. I've been at least interested in Venom's series for a while but I have yet to check it out. Looks like the perfect jumping on point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been a great comic. I hope you enjoy it. For me, all 4 titles reflected here have been repeatedly above average and are all already on my pull list. So I have great hope for this event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure how to feel about crossovers. But, I'll take your word for it and try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The best part of this one at least, it's not messing up other comics to do it. I'm really digging the .1 .2 .3 .4 method to expand it without messing up the other titles or forcing purchases. All are on my pull list anyway, but still yay.

    ReplyDelete